The latest poll from Gallup has revealed that Barack Obama is only 2 percentage points ahead of Ron Paul. Michele Bachmann does the worst against Barack Obama, losing by 4 percentage points in a poll where the maximum margin of sampling error is ±4 percentage points.
- Mitt Romney 48% vs Barack Obama 46%
- Rick Perry 47% vs Barack Obama 47%
- Ron Paul 45% vs Barack Obama 47%
- Michele Bachmann 44% vs Barack Obama 48%
Independent voters prefer any Republican over Obama, except in the case of Bachmann, independents overwhelmingly prefer Obama over Bachmann.
- Mitt Romney 47% vs Barack Obama 44%
- Ron Paul 46% vs Barack Obama 43%
- Rick Perry 46% vs Barack Obama 44%
- Michele Bachmann 42% vs Barack Obama 48%
Gallup: Frontrunner Paul in Dead Heat with Obama
“President Barack Obama is closely matched against each of four possible Republican opponents when registered voters are asked whom they would support if the 2012 presidential election were held today. Mitt Romney leads Obama by two percentage points, 48% to 46%, Rick Perry and Obama are tied at 47%, and Obama edges out Ron Paul and Michele Bachmann by two and four points, respectively.”
Read more: RonPaul2012.com
Gallup poll: Ron Paul trails President Obama by 2 percent
Texas Rep. Ron Paul trails President Obama by just 2 percentage points, according to the latest Gallup Poll released Monday.
Read more: The State Column